Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cornwall, ON to Salaberry de Valleyfield, QC

The St Lawrence was like a lake in this portion.
The destination is Marina Valleyfield, the largest marina in Quebec
We are where the sailboats are pictured at the bottom.


We had an easy day today of 35 miles and NO locks.  Weather cooperated again.
We were told when the reservation was booked the slip number so thanks to the marina plan in the IPAD 
we located it and backed in.  A helpful neighbor took our stern lines. 


This is the old canal in town.  You must pass through two small swing bridges (pedestrian) to enter the canal.  Dockage is along side.  Nice very French town.  Rained a bit while we walked into town for dinner then stopped.



























Island Hopper's bow is sticking out.
Kevin and Ian checking out the sites
Debbie has been making fun o my haircut for a week.  I was shaggy so I went to a barber in Clayton, NY.  Now I know why there was no wait.  He shaved me.  when I take my glasses o I can't see anything so I thought when I told him take a little of, that was enough.
Here is another shot of the canal










Debbie ordered this course.



No comments: